July 21, 2014
No 2:00 am party! I feel certain it's because many of you were praying so fervently last night, even throughout the night, for us. Thank you, it helped.
Matt is complaining of some numbness spreading to different areas of his face, so a CT scan is ordered for this morning.
We'll also have another swallow study to evaluate what's going on there.
His auditory issues are making him feel crazy. He hears sounds that aren't there and everything is amplified.
His double vision is still bad. But at least he gets to see more of me, yes?
***
Let's talk through a few pictures.
His right eye deviation is fairly evident in this picture. I have a couple of others but I'll keep those to myself for now.
When we saw this chair yesterday we all immediately thought Lyla would love it because it was pink. Matt was able to be wheeled into the bathroom to have a real shower. He was in heaven.
I spent a little time in the chapel yesterday. Right before I blew up at Matt. Guess I should have stayed a few extra minutes.
If you can name this movie just by this scene, you need to be my friend. If not, it's from Tommy Boy, one of the best stupid-humor movies around...
…and we were able to escape, just for a moment, and pretend that we were at home on the couch watching it together.
I found this picture online last night (sorry, no source, please don't sue me) and thought it was a good picture of the location of the pons that illustrates why surgical intervention is so risky. It also gives a nice little summary of the pons function.
***
One fun thing: informercials. During our middle of the night parties, infomercials are on and let me tell you, they are fun. A couple of nights ago I saw Matt pull out his phone (as if he could call) and he shouted,
"Babe! Babe! We need these. Call that number. Get your phone. Call it."
The item: samurai swords.
Yes folks, samurai swords.
Not gonna lie, I got pretty excited about a spirograph. $24.98 with a fold-out work station. And about 10 different colors of pens. Add that to my christmas list.
***
They are loading Matt up for the CT scan as I type. I need you all to pray hard for him right now. I struggle with how much to share on here, but Matt is a pretty open book so I feel okay about sharing this with the intent that you will all be more focused on our prayer needs.
He is scared.
Matt: "Babe, I'm scared."
Me: "Okay, about what?"
Matt: "Everything. Everything in general."
Me: "Okay."
Matt: "I'm scared this is fatal."
Me: "Me too."
So there you have it, the shortest yet deepest and most raw conversation we've ever had.
I am going to look for the positive today with the knowledge that God is in control and we are growing from this. Pray warriors unite, we've gotta pray him through this.
I'll update later after we have test results.
- Marissa
No 2:00 am party! I feel certain it's because many of you were praying so fervently last night, even throughout the night, for us. Thank you, it helped.
Matt is complaining of some numbness spreading to different areas of his face, so a CT scan is ordered for this morning.
We'll also have another swallow study to evaluate what's going on there.
His auditory issues are making him feel crazy. He hears sounds that aren't there and everything is amplified.
His double vision is still bad. But at least he gets to see more of me, yes?
***
Let's talk through a few pictures.
His right eye deviation is fairly evident in this picture. I have a couple of others but I'll keep those to myself for now.
When we saw this chair yesterday we all immediately thought Lyla would love it because it was pink. Matt was able to be wheeled into the bathroom to have a real shower. He was in heaven.
I spent a little time in the chapel yesterday. Right before I blew up at Matt. Guess I should have stayed a few extra minutes.
If you can name this movie just by this scene, you need to be my friend. If not, it's from Tommy Boy, one of the best stupid-humor movies around...
…and we were able to escape, just for a moment, and pretend that we were at home on the couch watching it together.
I found this picture online last night (sorry, no source, please don't sue me) and thought it was a good picture of the location of the pons that illustrates why surgical intervention is so risky. It also gives a nice little summary of the pons function.
***
One fun thing: informercials. During our middle of the night parties, infomercials are on and let me tell you, they are fun. A couple of nights ago I saw Matt pull out his phone (as if he could call) and he shouted,
"Babe! Babe! We need these. Call that number. Get your phone. Call it."
The item: samurai swords.
Yes folks, samurai swords.
Not gonna lie, I got pretty excited about a spirograph. $24.98 with a fold-out work station. And about 10 different colors of pens. Add that to my christmas list.
***
They are loading Matt up for the CT scan as I type. I need you all to pray hard for him right now. I struggle with how much to share on here, but Matt is a pretty open book so I feel okay about sharing this with the intent that you will all be more focused on our prayer needs.
He is scared.
Matt: "Babe, I'm scared."
Me: "Okay, about what?"
Matt: "Everything. Everything in general."
Me: "Okay."
Matt: "I'm scared this is fatal."
Me: "Me too."
So there you have it, the shortest yet deepest and most raw conversation we've ever had.
I am going to look for the positive today with the knowledge that God is in control and we are growing from this. Pray warriors unite, we've gotta pray him through this.
I'll update later after we have test results.
- Marissa





Comments
Post a Comment