Skip to main content

Day 4: Part 1...

July 19, 2014
Morning: I thought I'd start the morning with positivity after a night of on and off sleep and increased headaches.  A picture of success for all of you wanting to see Matt. He was able to use a little of his right leg to get into this chair, and although eating, bathing, and getting in the chair wore him out he is really glad to be sitting up. (Note: Don't you think the sunglasses add an extra bit of "I'm kicking ICU's butt" attitude?  They handle two issues at once: light sensitivity and looking cool in ICU.)


For better 
For worse.
In sickness
And in health.

We should have a day of steady visitors and staying on top of pain.  No tests or anything planned that we know of. Since it's Saturday and the ICU, he probably won't get PT and OT treatment.  However, I requested a copy of the exercises they'd like him to be doing and will be putting him to work later. 

More updates later.

- Marissa 

Comments

  1. so proud of you marissa! you're kicking butt and matt is too! Yall make a great team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.