We spent time in Midland for Thanksgiving, where Lyla finally met my uncle Gerard, aunt Linda, and cousin Elena. They live in Austin. Elena is 9 and soooo smart and quirky. I love being around her! Lyla loved her, too. She cooed and smiled and kept reaching out to touch her.
Elena was great with Lyla. She read to her and talked to her a lot. We also introduced Lyla to an Alcala family tradition - playing puzzle. Matt has always laughed because my aunts say 'play puzzle'...to me it's just funny and natural!
The big event? Sweet potatoes! We finally got approval from Lyla's GI doc to introduce solids. We decided that a sweet potato on Thanksgiving would be perfect. She loved it!
I can't believe first that Elena is 9 (when did we get old?!), and second that Lyla has such chub on her cheeks! I just want to kiss and pinch them! Elena is too cute, she totally looks like an Alcala. I'm glad you guys had a good visit!
ReplyDelete