Someone please help me with the spacing/centering issues on the blog - I have no clue how to fix it! And now that we're finished with that little rant, here's the latest on Miss Lyla!
- Lyla is back on the growth charts! She weighs 13 pounds, 10 ounces, which places her in the 3rd percentile for weight. She has grown to 25 and 3/4 inches, which is the 37th percentile for height.
- She has two bottom teeth, which popped through on Thanksgiving. She actually did pretty well with teething...does it get worse with each tooth/set of teeth that come in?
- If you read the Thanksgiving post, you know that she was finally approved to eat solids! She still loves sweet potatoes. Green beans...well, we're working on those :-)
- Guess who is crawling?! She isn't quite on all-fours, but she can army crawl. She is quite proud of herself.
- So, if you've known me for any time at all, you know there are two things I completely despise: birds and feet. I can get a pedicure, but to touch another person's feet makes me shiver and has brought me to tears (I know, I need help). Anyhow, I tell you this because Lyla has a new favorite thing...feet! Oh, it just pains me! She thinks feet and shoes are just the best. Now, I'm okay with the shoe obsession, and actually a little proud that my girl is loving shoes so early in life, but the feet. Not. Cool. At. All.
- Mushy moment alert, I'll wait for you to grab your kleenex...ready? Okay. I was talking to a friend the other day about how I've become such a mushy person after having Lyla. I mean, it's just one tearfest after another. I've been a little sad lately about all the new things Lyla is doing and how she's gaining independence. I don't want my baby to grow so fast. But, a couple of days ago I realized that I'd be sadder if Lyla wasn't doing these things. I have worked with so many kids who might not ever get the chance to sit or eat or babble, etc. So, I am going to start reminding myself to be thankful.
- Lyla has become the official mascot Matt's basketball team. She loves watching basketball and the girls love her. If I could only teach her to say moo.....
- All in all, another good month for Lyla-girl!
There is nothing wrong with feet! Ok, so really the only cute feet are baby feet, the others are gross, but just a normal gross, not an obsessive need to cry when you touch them gross!
ReplyDeleteYay for teeth! Noah has yet to show us any teeth, but that's genetic I guess. I wish Lyla, Michael (Lesley's boy) and Noah could all hang out together, they'd be crawling and drooling up a storm! She is sooo sweet, I love the chub and all the smiles she gives you. She seems right on track for her development, if not a little ahead, so I bet she'll be saying "moooo" in no time! Kiss her cheeks for Aunt Kat, love ya :)