Skip to main content

Sunday Ramblings...

Rambling Discussion #1:
Let's start this rambling post with a discussion of a certain group of people. You've seen them. They are often fanatical, easily persuaded that they need to purchase items, and totally convinced of their sanity...at least in public. They show you pictures and expect you to enjoy them when inside you are cringing and thinking "Really?!" Yes, they are your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers, and your family members. Who am I speaking of? Those people who dress up their dogs.

This the post in which I proclaim I am one of them! I know, I know, but just look at how fabulous Chiquita and Avery look in their Christmas sweaters!

Their sweaters even light up! See, the star on Avery's tree is glowing with cheer!

Thank you for suffering.
On a side note, if you look in the top picture, just to the left of my head you can see a circular red ornament. Inside it is a picture of Baby Dot at 12 weeks. I wanted Dot to be represented on our tree this year, and I think it is so fun to walk by and see her just hangin' out on the tree :) Just to the left of that, and up just a little, is a cute ornament I received as a gift. It's an expectant mom with ice cream in one hand and a jar of pickles in the other. I love it! I like having both ornaments near each other on the tree, too :)
Moving right along...
Rambling Discussion #2:
We know quite a few people at our church, but we tend to see the same people each week because we go to Mass at the same time. Today we decided to switch it up and went at a later time. It turned out great because we got to see people we haven't seen in forever, and we were able to announce Baby Dot's upcoming arrival! Everyone was so nice and encouraging, and very complimentary of my bump - that makes a pregnant woman feel good inside :) One of our good friends (who is like a friend/father-figure) asked me when I was going to put on more weight (haha, this made me laugh!). I patted the bump and told him I'm working on it. His reply? "Jerky and dark beer will help you with that." He was joking, but I just had the funniest image in my head of me gnawing on jerky with a beer in my hand...haha!
Rambling Discussion #3:
I like to bake. I enjoy the precision, the exact measurements, the step-by-step instructions. I don't bake a lot because Matt doesn't like sweets, which leaves whatever I bake all for me and that is just not a good thing. Anyway, I have discovered that I am horrible at baking in my current pregnant state. Has this ever happened to any of you? I decided to make cookies this afternoon. I mixed all the ingredients at the wrong time, added the eggs way too early, and forgot to measure the sugar. Then, I put the cookies in the oven before realizing that I didn't do the "fork and sugar thing" that you are supposed to do for peanut butter cookies. I pulled them back out, pressed them down, then put them back in. After that I sat down and quickly forgot that I even had cookies in the oven. I remembered just in time...they might not be pretty, but hopefully they'll be good! I think I'll stick with slice and bake for the next few months :)
Happy Sunday everyone!

Comments

  1. love the ornaments and light up dog sweaters!! only you marissa!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.