Well sweet girl, another year has passed and you are now 3!
Daddy and I could not be more proud of you. Your spirit is contagious and you crack us up on a daily basis. You are stubborn, strong-willed, and quite mischievous. But, along with that you are smart, silly, and love deeply.
Your terrible-threes stage has definitely been worse than the terrible-twos! But again, the 'highs' of being three are so worth the lows. You make new discoveries everyday and never cease to amaze us with things you remember, things you ask, and things you learn. You have an incredible memory and understanding of things around you. You can spell a few different words (including your name and Lucy's), you are great with letters/sounds, you love counting, and you 'teach' your sister sign language everyday. You love writing your initials and are starting to do well with other letters.
You love pink. I mean, loooooove pink. You are obsessed. You want everything you own and do and say to be pink, pink, pink. In fact, you melted down at your birthday party because we didn't serve your cake on a pink plate. The audacity! You have continued to love your blankets, babies, and books as well. Your newest love: ballet. You wear ballet outfits as frequently as possible and are anxious to start ballet lessons. Your pretend play is elaborate and entertaining. Most recently, you've been taking orders and cooking for us. Maybe you'll be a great chef someday!
I've learned a lot about motherhood this year, and I'm trying to live by a few new guidelines. In today's world, there is so much 'mom-competition' that creates unnecessary pressure. I want to give you the world, and I want you to have a 'pinterest-worthy' life, but I've learned that these things leave me feeling exhausted and realizing that you would have been just as happy with simplicity. This is a hard lesson to learn, but important.
You seem huge to us, but you're right at the 50th percentile for height and weight. You are 36" tall and weigh 30 pounds. You go between sizes - 2T on bottom and 3T on top. And you insist on wearing shoes that are a size or two too small. We have no clue why!
Watching you become a sister has been such a joy. You have loved your sister since the day she joined our family and are her biggest fan and protector. So many people have commented on how protective and proud you are of her. We (well, mommy) was nervous about how you'd do as a sibling, but it is obvious that God made you to be a big sister. You are fulfilling that role beautifully and we pray that your relationship with your sister is a blessing to you throughout your life.
Thank you for encouraging us to be better versions of ourselves. Like I say every night, I love you more than anything in the whole wide world.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy



Comments
Post a Comment