Skip to main content

Eleven Months...



I cannot believe Lyla girl is 11 months old today! I've been thinking for the past couple of weeks that she looks so grown up...so much less baby-ish and more of a toddler. Multiple people have even commented on how much she's changed. As always, she's still completely busy :-)

- She is up to 16 pounds, 9 ounces. Not sure about height but I think she's gotten taller again.

- Lyla loves pickles. I don't give them to her often, but when I do, watch out! (Makes me so proud!)

- She still loves chase and peek-a-boo, but now she'll initiate the games more often. She also tries to play peek-a-boo with random items. Phones, diapers, socks, etc. It's so funny because she still expects that she's hidden.

- Speaking of socks, her foot/shoe/sock obsession continues. I am okay with 2/3 of that equation.

- Lyla is a dancin' baby! I'm pretty sure I need to pick up some moves from her. Matt has also started dancing with her and she really likes it. She laughs and kicks her legs and has a good ol' time in dad's arms. ($100 to the 1st person to guess what type of music they dance to. Okay, you won't really get $100 but you can pretend and guess anyway.)

- Lyla can stand for long periods of time on her own and I think she could take a couple of steps if she wouldn't think about it so much. Too much analysis going on in her little mind!

- She can say 'yeah' (I know, oh so proper) and 'ball'. And while we're on the subject of talking, I have loved when she comes up and says mama or sees me in the morning and says mama. But when she's screaming and unhappy in her carseat because she is not a good traveler and wants to get out and play and I'm exhausted because the wind is blowing 50 mph while I'm trying to drive 70 on the highway and I hate driving in the wind and I feel like I'm going to throw up because of the horrible motion and I am ready to be home and maybe I shouldn't have had the coke zero before we started driving and interspersed with the crying she says "maaaa-maaaa," well, it breaks my heart. Not that this has happened recently or anything...ahem.

- I forgot to mention last month that Lyla has her two top teeth. She now likes to hold things between them while she does other things. For example, she bites a shoe (because remember, shoes are the best toys) and crawls around. We also have a new game that she likes - I'll bite down on one of her toys, then get close to her mouth. Lyla opens up wide and takes whatever it is from me with her little teeth. Sounds sort of weird but she gets a kick out of it!


-Lyla is a climber. She climbs all over her toys. Head first. No fear. I think we're in for quite a time over the next few months. Yikes!

Comments

  1. I love that first picture - she is a beautiful little girl! Congrats on 11 months!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.