We decided to take Lyla for her first trip to the park today. There is a local park that has a duck pond (I use the term 'pond' loosely), and even though I am terrified of birds, we decided to have a go at it. Luckily, the ducks were much tamer than those I was used to in Lubbock and not quite as aggressive when they wanted the food. I put on my brave pants in front of Lyla so that she could experience the ducks without a freaked-out mom! We also played in the shade and had fun on the swings. It started to get pretty warm, so we didn't stay long but it was a fun outing!
Hangin' with mom and dad
So proud of you taking that sweet baby to see the ducks! I kept thinking she might be deprived without a duck experience ;) We visit our ducks almost nightly, and I have to keep my little guy from jumping in after them when they decide to "go night-night". I miss you, friend!
ReplyDelete