Skip to main content

Four Months...

Lyla was VERY uninterested in having her picture taken this month...
this is the best we could do!

- Weight for it, weight for it...Miss Lyla has reached a whopping 10 pounds, 15.5 ounces! Ha! I haven't measured her height, but I know she's gotten taller. Matt has decided she'll be a point guard :-)

- She's still in size 1 diapers! I was worried at our showers that we'd have too many and we wouldn't be able to use them...man, was I wrong.

- And, with her tiny weight, she's still able to fit into some of her 0-3 month clothes. Unless they happen to be pants, in which case she has mastered the high-water look.

- Lyla loves standing, especially in front of the mirror. She thinks the baby that stares back at her is quite fascinating.

- She has started using more sounds, and I've even heard a couple of m's lately. (I know this is only interesting because I'm a speech pathologist, but I'm just so proud!)

- She has started watching the dogs a lot. Today Avery walked by and Lyla just laughed and laughed. Not sure why it was so funny to her, but it was cute to watch her laugh.

- Lyla is still the queen of the wiggles. She still rolls from tummy to back all the time, but now she rolls onto her sides and I know rolling onto her tummy is going to happen any day. She was sooooo close a couple of nights ago - uh oh!

- Speaking of being the queen of the wiggles...one night she gave us a pretty big scare. I looked on the baby monitor and I couldn't see her head. I showed it to Matt and he was equally as confused so he went in to check on her. Miss Lyla had decided to wiggle over to the side of the crib and wedge her head completely up against her bumper. We keep her swaddled at night, so she wouldn't have been able to use her arms to push away to help her breathe. Needless to say, it scared us enough that the bumpers came out of the crib! I know a lot of sources recommend no bumpers...now I know why! Thank God everything was okay...scary experience, but we learned from it.

- Lyla is completely infatuated with her daddy. It's pretty sweet :-)

- Her tummy issues are starting to improve! We've also eliminated eggs and nuts from my diet, so now she is a dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free baby. Tough to do, but worth it if it's helping her little system.

- This past month has been tough because we moved, started new jobs, I had to go back to work, etc., etc. Lots of life changes all at once. But, I have to say, I think this has been my favorite month with Lyla. It has just been so much fun to watch her grow and develop. She is quite social and it's the highlight of my day getting to interact and play with her.

I guess we'll keep her around for a little while longer :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.