Skip to main content

Fifteen Months...

Well, Lucy Claire, you've been on your toes (literally) for the past couple of months keeping us busy!

You've taken off in therapy and have been taking 10-15 steps at a time, and sometimes more than that.  You've been more and more motivated each week, so I feel certain that soon you'll be considered a true walker.  Slow and steady…that's your motto!

You weigh 19 pounds, 15 ounces (10% percentile) and you are 29 inches long (25th percentile).  Your head circumference is in the 90th percentile…sorry, you got that from your mama.

You love being ticked, playing on the couch and chairs, and have the best laugh!

Your pigtails are ridiculously cute.  I mean, it's just ridiculous how cute they are.

You love coloring!  Your favorite spot in the house is the little "craft cart" where you can dig through markers and colors and paper, etc.  You love making pictures and carrying around your colors.

You've also discovered a love of climbing!  If we ever worried about your strength, we're over that!

Even though you are getting stronger, you're still the one we like to squish.

 You love swinging!!!

Oh Lucy Claire, you are so deceiving.  This picture was taken just a few hours after you got kicked out of your little school.  Permanently.  You have a biting issue, although it's really been great since you were banished!

You love music and dancing.  Itsy Bitsy Spider is still your favorite.  You like imitating mama's silly faces.  You despise taking medicine.  Your favorite foods are grapes, bananas, and cheese.  You sign frequently and jabber to us as well.  You aren't saying quite as many words as I'd like, but you're still doing just fine. You hate socks and shoes.

Your hair and face are most often a constant mess because you  (1) have too much hair to control, and (2) have too much snot to control.  Your morning bedhead is always both frightening and entertaining!

We love you stinker!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.