Skip to main content

Nine Months...

You are growing so fast, Lucy Claire!  9 months sure is fun!


You weigh 15 pounds, 5 ounces (5th percentile) and are 27 and 1/4 inches long (50th percentile).   You are crawling with more speed (although still slow and deliberate) and pulling up like a champ!  You've even had your first 'launch myself onto the ground' accident, but recovered well while mommy suffered from intense guilt.  Your PTs are very proud of your progress and deserve credit for a job well done. :-)

Getting four top teeth at one time = misery.

Ponytails are your newest hairstyle!  It makes you look so grown up, but so sweet.  Anytime you wear a ponytail people comment on how much you look like Lyla.  I don't see it as much, but do think some of your facial expressions are starting to mimic your sister.

Speaking of sister, you two are pretty inseparable. You had your first 'sleepover' last night in Lyla's room.  She was so excited!

You are still saying mama, dada, and baba for bottle. I think you signed 'eat' once, but you've been so stubborn with anything else!  Okay, okay, I'll give you some credit...you've been using all your resources to make your body work.  I can't expect you to speak in sentences just yet. ;-)

Thankfully, you finally decided that you like finger foods.  Whew!  We haven't tried much yet since you've been pretty sensitive, but you love yogurt melts.  And your pincer grasp is working well...another good sign of development. 

You get so excited when mommy or daddy walk into the room and do a little 'happy dance' that makes my heart happy.  You've been a little crankier this month (I would too with all those teeth coming in) but are still a good, happy baby.  Thank you for that!

We love you Lucy Claire!

Comments

  1. She is just beautiful! I think I need you to send me a video of the "happy dance"! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.