Skip to main content

Twenty Months...

Hey Lyla, let me hang you upside down by your feet!
Okay dad, lets do it!

This past month has been one of my favorites with Lyla.  She has such fun conversations, answers questions, follows directions (well, she's capable of doing so anyway), and lets us know what she's thinking (even if we don't quite know what she's talking about!), and is just so happy and fun.  She is definitely a toddler, so we're dealing with typical tantrums, but I still think we're pretty lucky to have a good-spirited, happy little girl :-)

- Ice is a (re)new(ed) love this month.  She used to be obsessed with it, forgot about it, but is now in ice mode again.  She likes to take it anywhere, but especially likes to climb into her big rocker and chow down.

 - Coloring is still a fun activity, and she can sometimes identify red and purple.  (Emphasis on sometimes all you people who think I'm drilling my daughter - I'm not!)  Lyla has learned that wax crayons really don't taste good, but it generally doesn't stop her from taking a little nibble here and there.

- Lyla loves, loves, loves rocking and reading to her babies.  She is quite particular about who she allows to participate and will adamantly say "no" when I try to give her babies she doesn't want!  You have to earn your reading and rocking time around this place.

- Unraveling toilet paper is fun stuff...unless you get caught.

- Speechie proud moment: Lyla has started using plurals and possessives.  Fun to hear for a speech mama!

- Girlfriend likes to spin and dance and move her arms up and down.  Dance classes here we come!

- I will not go into potty training info on this blog to spare you all unnecessary details, but I will say Lyla is showing some good readiness signs :-)

I've been thinking about her 2nd birthday party for a long time...I can't believe it's almost around the corner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.