Skip to main content

Thirteen Months...

I feel like I haven't posted in forever! Probably because it's been a month...anyhow, look at that red chair. Don't you love it? This pic was taken on a recent roadtrip (more about that in future posts). On our way to Austin, we decided to stop at a winery to taste the goodness. Yes, we took our baby to a winery. We tasted, tasted, and tasted some more. Then we ate chocolate. Don't judge us, applause our brilliant idea!

Now, on to the monthly summary...

- Lyla has gained a pound since her birthday! She is now 18 pounds, 8 ounces. She's walking more everyday and has started taking off really quickly while waving her arms. It's pretty funny to watch.

- She loves opposites...she just doesn't know it. Her favorite games are on/off, up/down, in/out, and open/close. We go through these multiple times a day with various objects.

- Lyla's signing has really taken off lately. I love when she signs "dad" and looks around. She's saying more words as well. We hear a big variety and she adds new words on what seems like a daily basis. In the past couple of days she's been imitating "get down"...a common phrase in our house now :-)

- We have a monkey on our hands! Chairs, toys, pillows, people, dogs, it doesn't matter. If it's there, she will climb on it. And she will likely trample it completely in the process. Our apologies to those who have recently served as a climbing apparatus.

- Night terrors are still frequent. Boo to them.

- GOOD NEWS!!! We recently visited the allergist and it looks as though Lyla has outgrown her food allergies! Praise the Lord! We are proceeding carefully with dairy (at the recommendation of the allergist and the GI specialist), but I think she's going to be good. This is such a blessing. Bad news: she did test positive for environmental allergies and asthma. I will take those over food allergies.

As I've said before...all in all, another good month!

Comments

  1. Hmmmm...I might know someone who lives in Austin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe she's precious!! i can't believe how big she's getting-and that's a really cute pic of all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: The Realities...

July 20, 2014 Afternoon:  Well, we moved down the hall to a different ICU room.  Our new nurse is like a drill sergeant grandma…sweet but serious. Warning: This is about to get real.  If you are offended by foul language, you might skip this post.  If you don't like the ugly truth, you might skip this post. So, here's the deal.  I've been thinking a lot today about reality.  Living in the moment.  Not worrying about tomorrow and next week and next month.  But that's hard for me.  I'm a planner and I have to plan ahead some because I'm here and the girls are being shuffled around and everyone is being so incredibly kind and offering help.  It all overwhelms me and I get to a place of feeling like "Screw this, I can't do it.  This is shitty.  There's just no other way to say it."  And then I get a text or a call or a hug that brings me back to a different reality; one in which hundreds of people are rooting us on in th...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

How lovely are your colors :-)

Friday Night Lights - A Poem...

The Friday night lights were back in full swing. Lyla arrived at the game asleep in her sling. All was well, the lights were bright. Little did we know that the end was in sight. The speaker came on and proclaimed domination. And that, dear friends, led to overstimulation. So we packed up our baby and checked on the time. The game started at seven-thirty, We left at seven-thirty-nine. The end.