...unless your name is Lyla.
Yep, the "milk challenge" was a fail. We introduced a small amount of regular formula mixed with her prescription gold formula for two days, followed by a 1/2 formula, 1/2 prescription gold mixture for two days. The challenge (as we call it) was complicated by the fact that we went on vacation to Santa Fe (thanks for hosting us Aunt Cis and Uncle Chris!) and Lyla is apparently allergic to cedar. It was tough to figure out what exactly was causing the problem. However, Matt and I have seen enough tummy aches from Lyla to know the difference between the "I'm screaming and upset because my tummy is killing me" cry and the "I'm really unhappy and would like you to fix it" cry. Matt wasn't there to confirm my instincts (he had softball practice and games), but my mom was. Regular formula es no bueno.
The plan? For now Lyla will stay on her prescription gold formula and once she's well (she is still sick from Santa Fe) we will talk about trying again. When we saw her GI doc in February, he mentioned trying at 10 months, and then again at 12 months if she "failed." So, we might be waiting until May to try again - not sure yet.
Thanks to all of those who kept Lyla in your prayers! We'll let you know when to start sending happy milk thoughts again!
Yep, the "milk challenge" was a fail. We introduced a small amount of regular formula mixed with her prescription gold formula for two days, followed by a 1/2 formula, 1/2 prescription gold mixture for two days. The challenge (as we call it) was complicated by the fact that we went on vacation to Santa Fe (thanks for hosting us Aunt Cis and Uncle Chris!) and Lyla is apparently allergic to cedar. It was tough to figure out what exactly was causing the problem. However, Matt and I have seen enough tummy aches from Lyla to know the difference between the "I'm screaming and upset because my tummy is killing me" cry and the "I'm really unhappy and would like you to fix it" cry. Matt wasn't there to confirm my instincts (he had softball practice and games), but my mom was. Regular formula es no bueno.
The plan? For now Lyla will stay on her prescription gold formula and once she's well (she is still sick from Santa Fe) we will talk about trying again. When we saw her GI doc in February, he mentioned trying at 10 months, and then again at 12 months if she "failed." So, we might be waiting until May to try again - not sure yet.
Thanks to all of those who kept Lyla in your prayers! We'll let you know when to start sending happy milk thoughts again!
Apparently I used to drink milk when I was a baby...however, I am now with Lyla...milk is highly over rated!
ReplyDeletePraying for your little gal - hope y'all are well.
If you end up with a no milk girl, I gotcha covered. I can tell you how to substitute all kinds of things since jackson is violently allergic to mild. Hope you don't need that info though!
ReplyDelete